Sunday, October 14, 2012

Introducing the Broke Bloke Gourmet


There’s no way for me to hide that I love junk food.  The problem with loving relationship, however, is that it costs money.  Money is something that we don’t always have, particularly right before payday (now).  Of course, I’m not the only one with this particular combination of loves and lack of money, so I’m starting a new segment on The Junk Food Junkie – the Broke Bloke Gourmet.

Or, at least, that’s what it’s being called right now.  I reserve the right to change it at any time with or without giving a crap advanced notice.

Here’s where I’ll share some of my crazy-delicious and just plain crazy concoctions I’ve made during dry spells between proper junk food binges.  I’d love to say this is going to be a weekly spot, but that’s laughable who knows if I’ll be reliable enough to stick to that schedule. 

Without further ado, I give you the first entry:  Freezer Breakfast Sliders.

Ingredients
2 Eggo Cinnamon Toast waffles
4 Banquet Brown ‘n Serve sausage patties (I like original, but whatev)
1 slice cheese, quartered

Preparation
Start up your sausage patties however you feel like doing them.  For a quickie, I do these in the microwave – four patties in an 1,100 watt oven take just over a minute.  I put them on a paper towel, zap them on high for 45 seconds, then put one of the mini-squares of cheese on each one for the last 20 seconds. 

Put waffles in the toaster.  Turn it on.  Don’t light things on fire.

When the waffles are popped, tear them into their little bread-shaped quarters, place one sausage patty with cheese on top, and crown it with another waffle toast thing.  Drizzle with syrup, if desired.

Yield:  4 sliders
Servings:  ½
Deliciousness:  4 pork snickerdoodles out of 5 possible apple pies


These tiny little nuggets of joy are wonderful, and a great way to use up the last couple of waffles or patties in a box that aren’t enough to make a full breakfast.  The only problem?  They are sliders.  Which means you need to make like, forty to get full up.  Okay, perhaps you skinny types “normal” people might not, but I do.  They make a good snack, anyway.


Blatant Self-Promotion:
Have a suggestion to be reviewed by the Junk Food Junkie?
Got a better name than Broke Bloke Gourmet?  Impossible.
Want to share your own semi-junk concoctions?

Leave them in a comment, below, or as a comment on The Junk Food Junkie on Facebook or Google Plus!



4 comments:

  1. I like!
    Do one on leftover....hamburger helper (or other casserole dish). You know, that corner no one takes because it's not enough satisfy. What can be added to it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamburger Helper: 24 different varieties that all taste the exact same!

      Delete