Saturday, June 9, 2012

Vol. 5: Jason's Deli Pollo Mexicano Baked Potato


Sweet Jesus!!

That's the first thing I said when I laid eyes on this monstrosity of a baked potato.  Holy f*ck was the second thing I said.  Until you are in the physical presence of one of these mutant potatoes, you can't truly appreciate just how gargantuan they truly are.  The picture really doesn't do it justice, but the dinner fork next to it gives some frame of reference:



This thing is massive.  And it backs that machismo with a knockout flavor combo, too.  This is one of those potatoes that makes dieters scared to go down a dark alley and wet themselves at night.  'But it's just a baked potato,' I keep hearing.  Didn't you see that f*cker?  Buried somewhere under that half-inch of Cheddar cheese and slabs of sour cream is a whole chicken breast, cut into chunks and grilled with chile powder, cumin, and authentic pico de gallo (real cilantro, too!).  Shove THAT down your non-mutant healthy potatoes' throat and watch it explode!

I'm not going to lie.  You have to prepare to tackle this beast in one sitting.  The website brags about its serving size as 42 ounces.  Forty-two freakin' ounces!  For those readers that failed math, that's over two and a half pounds of cheese, potato, and chicken!  I failed the first attempt at eating it in one sitting miserably.  The second go, after letting my ego recover from the coronary, got me over halfway through, but the mutant beast of blessed artery-strangling glory remained triumphant. 

This gorgeous potato may kill me with it's siren's call of melty chickeny gooiness, but it will have been a fight worth losing.

The Verdict
5/5.  Not only is this potato spastically awesome, but the price point is ridiculously low for what you get, to boot.

2 comments:

  1. Great review!! I agree those things are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This potato is huge and with everything else added is a scary thing to behold. I tried to eat it and only got 1/3 . Just had to take it home and eat it in stages. But it was so good. Next time I'll attelmpt to eat at least half. I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete